Hosted by Greater Manchester + District C.N.D.
A day of discussions, meetings and workshops about tactics and techniques for peace, anti-nuclear and social justice campaigners.
This event will be open to the public and be an opportunity to share ideas, learn about other campaigns and plan for the year ahead.
The event is completely free. To register please visit Eventbrite
9.00 – 10.00: Registration
10.00 – 10.15: Opening address: Dave Webb, Chair of CND – ‘What’s going on in politics and how does it affect our campaigning?’
10.15 – 11.30: Panel discussion: Campaigning techniques – What works?
- Ben Sellers, who ran the Jeremy for Leader social media campaign: digital organising
- Kat Hobbs, from Campaign Against the Arms Trade: using direct action
- Rebecca Long-Bailey, MP for Salford and Eccles: working with Parliamentarians and political parties
- Aaron Bastani, founder of Novara Media: 21st century media landscape
- Sean Morris, from Nuclear Free Local Authorities: working with local councils and Mayors for Peace
11.30 – 11.45: Refreshments
11.45 – 12.45: Workshops
- Promoting an ethical foreign policy in Labour (with Labour CND)
- Anti-Trident campaigning – the Scottish perspective (with Scottish CND)
- Peace campaigning in the Church (with Christian CND)
12.45 – 13.45: Lunch
Lunch will not be provided but there are many shops and cafes nearby.
13.45 – 14.45: Workshops
- For a nuclear-free future: campaigning at universities and colleges (with Youth & Student CND)
- A new global treaty banning nuclear weapons – how? why? what? when? (with International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons)
- Beyond Nuclear? – towards a safe, secure and renewable energy future (with Greater Manchester & District CND, focusing on nuclear power issues)
14.45 – 15.00: Closing remarks
At 3pm there will be a historical/political tour of Manchester, led by local CND man Steve Roman. A great chance to see the sights and learn about Manchester’s history of radical politics.
NB. All details are provisional and subject to changeTags: conference, manchester, trident
CND’s annual Conference took place in the city of Liverpool over the weekend of 12th & 13th October 2013.
A huge Thank You to everyone who participated in making the weekend a huge success.
Here’s a fantastic short video of CND Conference made by LJMU journalism student, Christopher Cunningham.Tags: conference, liverpool, london, mcnd, national cnd
Merseyside CND welcome’s all CND Conference participants to Liverpool!
This year’s Conference will be held at the The John Lennon Art and Design Building, Liverpool John Moores University, Duckinfield Street, Liverpool, L3 5RD.Tags: conference, liverpool, london, national cnd