On Wednesday 1st March Merseyside C.N.D. joined Liverpool Pax Christi’s Ash Wednesday Service against Trident. Photos from the event, taken by John Usher, are below.Tags: ash wednesday, pax christi
Tags: remembrance day
Hosted by Greater Manchester + District C.N.D.
A day of discussions, meetings and workshops about tactics and techniques for peace, anti-nuclear and social justice campaigners.
This event will be open to the public and be an opportunity to share ideas, learn about other campaigns and plan for the year ahead.
The event is completely free. To register please visit Eventbrite
9.00 – 10.00: Registration
10.00 – 10.15: Opening address: Dave Webb, Chair of CND – ‘What’s going on in politics and how does it affect our campaigning?’
10.15 – 11.30: Panel discussion: Campaigning techniques – What works?
- Ben Sellers, who ran the Jeremy for Leader social media campaign: digital organising
- Kat Hobbs, from Campaign Against the Arms Trade: using direct action
- Rebecca Long-Bailey, MP for Salford and Eccles: working with Parliamentarians and political parties
- Aaron Bastani, founder of Novara Media: 21st century media landscape
- Sean Morris, from Nuclear Free Local Authorities: working with local councils and Mayors for Peace
11.30 – 11.45: Refreshments
11.45 – 12.45: Workshops
- Promoting an ethical foreign policy in Labour (with Labour CND)
- Anti-Trident campaigning – the Scottish perspective (with Scottish CND)
- Peace campaigning in the Church (with Christian CND)
12.45 – 13.45: Lunch
Lunch will not be provided but there are many shops and cafes nearby.
13.45 – 14.45: Workshops
- For a nuclear-free future: campaigning at universities and colleges (with Youth & Student CND)
- A new global treaty banning nuclear weapons – how? why? what? when? (with International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons)
- Beyond Nuclear? – towards a safe, secure and renewable energy future (with Greater Manchester & District CND, focusing on nuclear power issues)
14.45 – 15.00: Closing remarks
At 3pm there will be a historical/political tour of Manchester, led by local CND man Steve Roman. A great chance to see the sights and learn about Manchester’s history of radical politics.
NB. All details are provisional and subject to changeTags: conference, manchester, trident
Wednesday 13th July
National CND is calling for a lobby of MPs as Parliament prepares to vote on whether to waste £100,000,000,000 (billion) on a new generation of nuclear weapons.
Following on from the hugely successful Stop Trident demonstration in February, this lobby is not only a great way to maintain momentum but could also be our last opportunity to influence the decision.
Please contact your MP and tell them that instead of murderous, useless and obscenely expensive nuclear weapons, that money should be spent on the N.H.S., education, transport and other vital public services.Tags: parliament, trident