National CND has announced that the cost replacing Trident will cost £205,000,000,000 (billion).
With Parliament set to vote later this year, we urge you to lobby your MP and tell them to reject a new generation of nuclear weapons. Instead this money should be spent on the NHS, education, transport and other vital public services. If you live in Merseyside you can find the contact details of your MP in this document.
The Cost of Replacement
- Manufacturing four new submarines – £31 billion
- Contingency fund – £10 billion
- Missile extension programme – £350 billion
- Replacement warheads – £4 billion
- Infrastructure capital costs – £4 billion
- In service costs – £142 billion
- Conventional military force support – £1 billion
- Decommissioning – £13 billion
- TOTAL – £205 billion
Wednesday 13th July
National CND is calling for a lobby of MPs as Parliament prepares to vote on whether to waste £100,000,000,000 (billion) on a new generation of nuclear weapons.
Following on from the hugely successful Stop Trident demonstration in February, this lobby is not only a great way to maintain momentum but could also be our last opportunity to influence the decision.
Please contact your MP and tell them that instead of murderous, useless and obscenely expensive nuclear weapons, that money should be spent on the N.H.S., education, transport and other vital public services.Tags: parliament, trident